Sunday, January 30, 2011

found... and two fish

I made dinner for myself on Saturday night, but when I went to take the pictures I realized my camera was in the car.  I did not walk all the way out to the garage and risk my food getting cold. I used one of my new fun apps on my phone called hipstamatic to take the interesting looking pics at the end of the post. (Hopefully I'll improve my technique with this before I have to use it again!) While uploading those images from my phone, I found some pics of awesome Ina recipes I made before I started the blog.  Delicious memories (first 3)!



This recipe comes from a chef on the Hamptons who comes over to Ina's house to make this with her.  It is amazing.  And rich. That's also her garlic ciabatta bread.  



These are from barefoot in paris and were surprisingly easy and look impressive.  They're good to serve to guests, because you can freeze the puffs to have on hand and then all you have to do is melt chocolate and whip some cream and you're set!   



I made these during the summer and they were perfect for lunch.  They have some kick from the red onions and wasabi powder.  



Mac told me he thought they tasted restaurant quality...victory! The batter for the cod has cayenne pepper and lemon zest which makes it very flavorful.  The chips were baked with olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper.  


panko crusted salmon

You have to try this one!  I like to have seafood at least twice a week, and this is an easy one to keep on file.  The salmon is brushed with dijon, which helps the breadcrumb mixture adhere.  It's seared in a pan and finished in the oven like they do in restaurants.


spaghetti aglio e olio

This is what you cook when you don't want to cook.  You probably have everything you need to make it, and it's done in fifteen minutes!  The simple pasta gets big flavor from the sauteed garlic, red pepper flakes, and olive oil.  You can make it more jazzy by adding shrimp.   

*panko crusted salmon and spaghetti are in how easy is that?



No comments:

Post a Comment