Sunday, February 20, 2011

Snow and Football

January was going well, and we are sticking to the New Year's Resolutions about diet and exercise, but these snowy football weekends are presenting a problem!

Yum! This is so good.  We'd never eaten celery root before, but it is so crisp and clean tasting like regular celery!  The apple adds a little hint of sweetness.  


This is tasty, easy, and healthy!  The lentils are so flavorful and filling.  

warm mushroom salad

This was an interesting combination, but it was fantastic.  It had sauteed cremini mushrooms, prosciutto, arugula, and sun-dried tomatoes.  I don't love sun-dried tomatoes, but here I think they added a great contrast to the saltiness.  


I have already made these meatballs for a second time they were so good.  This time I shared them with some friends, and they had the same thoughts I did...best, meatballs, ever!



This is classic and awesome.  There are bread crumbs and tomatoes on top to make it a little more grown up.  


If you listen closely, you can hear your arteries clogging and your butt holding on to some fat while you're eating this.  But.  It's worth it. 

potato chips

One of the students in my amazing class gave me a gift card to Sur La Table for Teacher Appreciation Day, and I used it to buy a mandoline.  Our first attempt at chips was a success!  Very fun.

*** mushroom salad and chips in barefoot in paris  

No comments:

Post a Comment