Sunday, February 27, 2011

Good Eats


Mac thinks this is the best omelet he's ever made.  It was filling because of the potatoes and bacon, but the eggs were fluffy and light.  


Man, was this good!  The lamb marinates in lemon juice, olive oil, red wine, and lots of herbs for a couple of hours and then you grill it for a few minutes on each side.  The mint yogurt sauce was delicious and very flavorful.    

couscous with toasted pine nuts

This is a classic and easy couscous recipe and can be used to pair with lots of dishes.  


You can't see the tomatoes too well in this picture, but they're there!  The cheese is just oozing out of the sandwich...so good! The pickles on the plate are McClure's and they're the best we've ever had. 


The pasta has frozen chopped spinach (I put in more than the recipe calls for which is why it's extra green!) and frozen peas. If you buy prepared pesto, this is a quick, delicious and easy meal!


Ina talks about this as a sweet potato option for Thanksgiving, but I think it's tasty and easy enough for a weeknight meal.  The apples add a nice flavor to the sweets.  


Those couple of spring like days inspired this warm weather recipe.  We will definitely be repeating this one during the summer.  The jalapeno gives the sweet salsa a great kick.  


I was so proud of myself when I was done with this!  It reminded me of the delicious treats Mac and I had when we were in Paris. (Of course, in Paris, the custard was definitely not sloppy or overflowing like mine is, but I didn't want to waste!) 


We definitely used our awesome Cedar Valley eggs when we made this breakfast.  The toast is great for dipping in the yolk.  I omitted  rosemary from the recipe, but used the other herbs.


I feel like everyone has a favorite chicken recipe.  My friend's mom made the best "chicken cutlets," which are basically the same as Ina's.  Classic, and always delicious.  


*Couscous is in the how easy is that? book.

No comments:

Post a Comment