Friday, March 25, 2011

Chicken and some other things...



Both of these recipes I've made before, but we're out in Colorado with the gang and knew these would be a big hit.  Melissa helped me marinate the tenderloins and make the risotto.  Even in Gunnison, we were able to find porcini, morels and cremini for the risotto.  Yum!  




The vegetables are making their second appearance on the blog, and they did not disappoint!  However, I was really looking forward to making this chicken recipe, and I was seriously underwhelmed.  Good...but I'm probably not going to make it again.




Annie told us about this one, and man is it delicious!  This is definitely one you can put in the regular rotation.  The only tricky part is getting boneless, skin-on breasts, but usually the butcher at the store should be able to cut them for you.  Enjoy!



This was the second time I've made this, and it was just awesome. The garlic is sweet and tender, and the sauce for the chicken is so flavorful.  This is great comfort food chicken!




sugar snap pea and pancetta salad

I might be titling this recipe incorrectly.  It's from the how easy is that? cookbook.  The first time I had it was at our teacher appreciation luncheon that some of the fabulous moms did for Catholic Schools Week.  You serve it at room temperature, and it is delightful.  It has pancetta, shallots, and parmesan cheese - yum!




I love avocado.  I love grapefruit.  I thought this could be a fun mix.  It was pretty tasty!  I don't think I'll be rushing to make it again soon...but I'm glad I tried it.

No comments:

Post a Comment