Wednesday, January 19, 2011

2011

It's a new year, which means I'm right around the halfway point in my barefoot journey. I feel good about the progress that's been made, and I know we'll get them done by July 1! I'm also trying to throw in some recipes that I've made and loved before the blog began, just because they're so delightful.



Both of these recipes came from Ina's new, how easy is that? book. For the sliders we used our csa ground beef mixed with dijon, garlic, olive oil, and thyme. Delicious! Make sure you get some sturdy mini buns, these burgers are juicy!

I was a little more nervous about the stuffed mushrooms, because I already have a very strong affinity for a particular stuffed mushroom recipe, and I was worried this one wouldn't stand up. However, I had some csa pork sausage to use, and we gave it a shot. They were tasty and fun, but I probably won't turn to this recipe over my original fave.


smoked salmon deviled eggs

Here's another treat from her how easy is that? book. The image in the book shows salmon roe on top of the eggs which looks amazing, but my appetite and wallet didn't think it was worth it. These deviled eggs are even better than the original, because the smoked salmon mixed in the center makes these finger treats even more decadent.



Ever since I watched It's Complicated with Alec Baldwin, Steve Martin and Meryl Streep I have been romanticizing about this sandwich. French grilled cheese...comfort food!



Here's a snack you can eat while watching football without feeling too guilty! It's roasted eggplant, red pepper, onion, and garlic all blended together - healthy and tasty.


I've been eyeing this recipe for a while, and I finally decided to make it to celebrate my 4 year anniversary of being cancer free! Woohoo! I think Mac was happy with my dinner choice. You have some flexibility in the cheeses you decide to use, but I went with what Ina suggested: pecorino romano (locatelli), fontina, gorgonzola, ricotta, and fresh mozzarella. You can imagine how it tasted, I'm sure.


I thought I already wrote about this classic recipe, but it turns out this was one of those recipes that I cooked and ate before I remembered to take a picture of it. Oh well! I'm not too upset about making it again!



This is one the recipes I love so much I just know it by heart. My best friend's mom used to make the best scallops, and even though these aren't the same, I feel like I'm paying homage to her every time I make them. You can make them with sea scallops too, you just cut them smaller. I really prefer the bay scallops, though. It's also great because the recipe serves 2 to 3!


winter squash soup

This was so tasty! It's made with onions, pumpkin puree, and butternut squash. It's even more delightful when you add just a little dollop of creme fraiche and some croutons.


* The smoked salmon deviled eggs recipe is not currently available online. It can be found in the how easy is that? book.

* Winter squash soup is also not currently available online. This recipe can be found in the barefoot in paris book.

No comments:

Post a Comment