Thursday, July 1, 2010

Summer Garden Pasta and Broccolini


The pasta is light and delicious! The recipe tells you to marinate halved cherry tomatoes in good olive oil (I have some good stuff from Williams-Sonoma, purchased off the registry...), garlic, julienned basil, crushed red pepper flakes, and salt for four hours. So around 2:30 I began marinating the cherry tomatoes, and we sat down to eat around 7:30. Once you've cooked the angel hair pasta you just have to drain it and throw it in the bowl with the cherry tomatoes and mix it up! Add some parmesan cheese once you put it in the bowl. Yum! I'll definitely make this again :).

I don't know why I don't use broccolini more often! It was delicious tonight with a balsamic vinaigrette and a little squeeze of lemon at the end. And! You have to love that it's great warm or cold.

Stay tuned for dessert that's in the oven! It's called Mixed Berry Pavlova. It's a meringue disc that's covered with whipped cream and then topped with raspberries, strawberries, and blueberries. The berries are mixed with a raspberry syrup and each serving is drizzled as well. Normally serves 6, but I was able to halve the recipe pretty easily - which I love.

The recipes I used tonight can be found online at:

Broccolini
http://www.foodnetwork.com/search/delegate.do?fnSearchString=broccolini+with+balsamic+vinaigrette&fnSearchType=site

Mixed Berry Pavlova
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/mixed-berry-pavlova-recipe/index.html

The pasta is not online currently, but it is in the Barefoot at Home cookbook.

Tomorrow I'll be making lamb kebabs with couscous, and maybe some other surprises!

No comments:

Post a Comment