Sunday, July 4, 2010

Breakfasts and Lunch


This is what Mac and I had for breakfast on Saturday. Ina calls it a Breakfast Fruit Crunch. It's strawberries, blueberries, and pineapple layered with low fat plain yogurt (she calls for regular yogurt, of course) and homemade granola, which I now love. I had no idea how easy it is to make homemade granola, and it is so worth it! This one has oats, coconut, almonds and honey.
We stopped in to Dirk's Fish to get some tuna I planned to make. But then I saw the soft-shelled crabs!! What says summer more than a soft-shelled crab sandwich? Nothing! I strayed from the Barefoot at Home cookbook to the Back to Basics to get Ina's outstanding sandwich recipe. We ate our sandwiches out on the balcony and enjoyed the beautiful summer weather. The breading has pecans actually ground into it, which I think helped to make it so good. I'll never be able to order this out again, because this one was so amazing!So I ended up not making the tuna for dinner, but I did make a blueberry crumb cake for breakfast. I already planned to share most of this breakfast with my cousins who live nearby, because it would be too dangerous to have that sitting around here. It wouldn't last long! Their absolutely beautiful baby, Annie, loves blueberries so I thought they might share - or not ;). I was able to make this crumb cake, because some lovely dears just bought me the 9" cake pans on my registry. Thanks ladies!


The recipes I used in this post:

Breakfast Fruit Crunch
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/fruit-crunch-sundae-recipe/index.html

Soft-Shelled Crab Sandwich
*Not available online currently, but in Barefoot Contessa, Back to Basics cookbook.

Blueberry Crumb Cake
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/blueberry-crumb-cake-recipe/index.html



1 comment:

  1. okay seriously i NEED to be doing this with you! I am joining in as soon as I get into my new apartment! everything looks so delish!

    ReplyDelete