Saturday, June 4, 2011

Flag Cake! (and two more...)



This was so exciting to make!  Finally!  I've been waiting for a patriotic holiday for almost a year for a chance to make this, and it was as fun as I had imagined it would be.  I finally bought a piping bag and little star tip and practiced my skills on the countertop before doing it on the cake.  Such a blast that piping bag!  I used an entire stick less of butter than the recipe called for, and I could still taste plenty of that butter goodness.  I brought it to a friend's barbecue and it became the centerpiece of the table!  Good times.
  


Alright, so I've definitely made this many times before, but I've always used a recipe from the Williams-Sonoma Bride & Groom Cookbook. So I had to give Ina's a try! Delicious! Of course. 



What? Yes, that's actually the title - 7 words. But boy is it tasty!! The dressing has mayo, basil, scallions, lemon juice and, shhhhh, anchovy paste. 

No comments:

Post a Comment