Saturday, May 7, 2011

May is here! Finally!

 turkey meatloaf and potato basil puree


This turkey meatloaf is delish!  There are onions and celery that help give it nice texture, but the fresh thyme makes it have great flavor!  I used leftovers for sandwiches.  Potato basil puree is mashed potatoes blended with basil and olive oil which makes it taste so fresh and less heavy. It's good.

provencal vegetable soup


This is a hidden gem!  Mac and I have a new favorite vegetable soup.  The spaghetti noodles make it substantial and filling.  The dollop of red on top is called pistou.  It's like pesto, but has garlic, tomato paste, parmesan cheese, basil, and olive oil. It gives the soup terrific flavor.  


I feel like I've looked at this recipe so many times and am glad to have finally made it.  The marinade for this chicken is great: tequila, orange juice, lime juice, jalapeno pepper, etc.  The chicken marinates overnight and then you grill it.  I thought this chicken was tasty and light!  The chicken would probably also be perfect for tacos. 


This is my go to guacamole.  I always like this one more than others that I taste. Lemon juice makes the flavors pop and the guac taste super fresh.  The hot sauce and red onions give it a little kick. 

strawberry rhubarb crisp*

This is my favorite of Ina's crisps.  I hadn't ever had rhubarb before...so good!  This crisp is sweet and delicious.

chicken with tabbouleh


Mac had the chicken version and I had vegetarian style.  Both were awesome.  The big chunks of veggies are perfect in a pita. I added some falafel to mine as well and it was a great sandwich! It takes a little bit of time for the bulgur to soak, but this is super easy to make. 

crab cakes


I grew up eating the classic, mostly crabmeat, crab cake. I still prefer that style, but these flavor filled cakes are really tasty too!  Some of the ingredients include red and yellow peppers (mine  just have yellow), capers, mayonnaise, parsley, hot sauce, old bay and a few other things. I wouldn't turn one of these down! 


caesar salad with pancetta


This is a great caesar.  The tomatoes are roasted which warms up the whole salad.  The dressing is phenomenal and the pancetta adds a fun crunch and saltiness to each bite.  We liked it so much we made it again the next night!

baked shrimp scampi


How could you not like this?  Scampi is butter, garlic, and bread crumbs, which equals awesome.  Have this with a green salad and you're set!  You could also use some bread to dip in the sauce at the bottom of the dish (if you want).  

No comments:

Post a Comment